Some Discussion Topics
- Ros Yalow describes herself as "aggressive." Are you aggressive? Is an
aggressive nature essential for a career in science?
- Yalow insisted on "beating men at their own game." Is science "their"
game? Is there male science and female science?
- Do you have to be better than a man to succeed?
- In your experience, is the atmosphere in your lab like a ball team or a
combat unit? Are dominance, ambition, and competitiveness prized? Is this
- Time: 6:30 - 8:00PM
- Place: Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences, NYU,
251 Mercer Street, 13th floor lounge