Assistant Research Scientist
Computational Biology/Chemistry/Biomathematics Group (PI: Prof. Tamar Schlick)
Department of Chemistry and Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences
New York University
31 Washington Place, Main 1021
New York, NY 10003
Phone: (212) 998-3594
Fax: (212) 995-4152
Ph.D. in Computational Biology, New York University
M.S. in Mathematics, Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences
M.S. in Statistics, Seoul National University
B.S. in Mathematics, Seoul National University
Computational and mathematical biology
Network (Graph) modeling, simulation, and applications
RNA structure and function
1. N. Kim, C. Laing, S. Elmetwaly, S. Jung, J. Curuksu, and T. Schlick, Graph- Based Sampling for Approximating Global Helical Topologies of RNA, Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111(11):4079-4084 (2014) (Recommended by Faculty of 1000).
2. N. Kim, L. Petingi, and T. Schlick, Network Theory Tools for RNA Modeling, WSEAS Transactions on Math 12(9):941 (2013).
3. C. Laing, S. Jung, N. Kim, S. Elmetwaly, M. Zahran, and T. Schlick, Predicting Helical Topologies in RNA Junctions as Tree Graphs, PLoS One 8(8):e71947 (2013). pdf
4. N. Kim, K. N. Fuhr, and T. Schlick, Graph Applications to RNA Structure and Function, Chapter 3 for Biophysics of RNA Folding, Springer, ED. Rick Russell (2013).
5. N. Kim and T. Schlick, A New Toolkit for Modeling RNA from a Pseudo-torsional Space: Commentary on ``Discrete RNA Libraries from Pseudo-torsional Space'' by Humphris-Narayanan and Pyle (J. Mol. Biol. March 2012). J Mol Biol. 3;421(1):1-5 (2012).
6. J. A. Izzo*, N. Kim*, S. Elmetwaly, and T. Schlick, RAG: An Update to the RNA-As-Graphs Resource, BMC Bioinformatics, 12:219 (2011). (*: Equally contributed) pdf
7. N. Kim*, J. A. Izzo*, S. Elmetwaly*, H.H. Gan, and T. Schlick, Computational Generation and Screening of RNA Motifs in Large Nucleotide Sequence Pools, Nucleic Acids Res., 38:e139 (2010). (*: Equally contributed) pdf
8. G. Quarta*, N. Kim*, J. A. Izzo, and T. Schlick, Analysis of Riboswitch Structure and Function by an Energy Landscape Framework, J. Mol. Biol., 393:993 (2009). (*: Equally contributed) pdf
9. N. Kim, J.S. Shin, S. Elmetwaly, H.H. Gan, and T. Schlick, RAGPOOLS: RNA-As-Graph-Pools - A Web Server for Assisting the Design of Structured RNA Pools for In Vitro Selection, Bioinformatics 23:2959 (2007) pdf
10. N. Kim, H.H. Gan, and T. Schlick, A Computational Proposal for Designing Structured RNA Pools for In Vitro Selection of RNAs, RNA 13:478 (2007) pdf
11. N. Kim, N. Shiffeldrim, H. H. Gan, and T. Schlick, Novel Candidates of RNA Topologies, J. Mol. Biol. 341:1129 (2004) pdf
12. D. Fera, N. Kim, N. Shiffeldrim, J. Zorn, U. Laserson, H.H. Gan, and T. Schlick, RAG: RNA-As-Graphs web resource. BMC Bioinformatics 5:88 (2004) pdf
13. H. H. Gan, D. Fera, J. Zorn, M. Tang, N. Shiffeldrim, U. Laserson, N. Kim, and T. Schlick, RAG: RNA-As-Graphs Database - Concepts, Analysis, and Features, Bioinformatics 20:1285 (2004).pdf
KSIAM Semi-Annual Meeting, Special Session on Biomathematics and Its Applications, Nov 22-24, 2013, Jeju, Korea. Presented a talk.
RNA Upstate New York: Finger Lakes RNA Conference, Oct 25-26, 2013, Canandaigua, NY. Presented a talk.
US-Korea Conference (UKC) 2013, August 7-10, 2013, Session of Mathematical Biology, NJ. Presented a talk.
Computational Biology: Then and Now, May 6-9, 2013, The Weizmann Institute of Science. Rehovot, Israel. Presented a poster.
American Institute of Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) conference, July 1-5, 2012, Special Session: Hybrid Monte Carlo, Orlando, FL. Presented a talk.
RNA Society Annual Meeting, June 14-19, 2011, Kyoto, Japan. Presented a poster.
Mostly Biomathematics Seminar, November 30, 2010, Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences, New York University, NY. Presented a talk.
RNA Ontology Consortium, June 20-22, 2010, Seattle, WA. Participated as a working group member.
University of California at Santa Barbara, September 30, 2009, Nominated as Finalist of the Harvey L. Karp Award for outstanding UCSB postdoctoral researcher.
University of California at Santa Barbara, January 30, 2009, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry. Presented a talk.
Sackler Structural Biology Seminar, April 15, 2008, New York University Medical School, NY. Presented a talk.
IMA Workshop: RNA in Biology, Bioengineering and Nanotechnology, Oct 29-Nov 2, 2007, Institute for Mathematics and its Applications, University of Minnesota, MN. Presented a talk and a poster.
RNA Society Annual Meeting, May 29-June 3, 2007, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI. Presented a poster.
RNA Ontology Consortium, May 27-28, 2007, Madison, WI. Presented a talk.
American Mathematical Society - Southeast Sectional Meeting, Special Session on Discrete Models in Biology, Oct 15-16, 2005, East Tennessee State University, TN. Presented a talk.
International Conference for Mathematics in Biology and Medicine / Annual Meeting for the Society for Mathematical Biology, July 25-28, 2004, University of Michigan, MI. Presented a poster.